In matters regarding the hospitality industry in general, and of alcohol beverage law specifically, few firms have experience approaching that of the attorneys at Pierce & Kwok LLP. We actively represent dozens of restaurants, bars and music venues in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. The firm has a well-respected New York-based reputation in the beverage industry for its experience in licensing, regulatory compliance, administrative proceedings and sophisticated litigation.
Our firm is known for its ability to successfully navigate the complex regulatory environment in order to achieve our clients’ goals. The reputed New York restaurant attorneys at Pierce & Kwok LLP, help our clients from beginning through to the end. We can assist with obtaining financing or capital, business formation, leasing or purchasing property and contract negotiation. In addition, we help our clients in matters such as liquor licensing, Fire Marshall Proceedings, intellectual property, contracts, tort liability, employment and labor issues and, if necessary, litigation.
Experienced Liquor Licensing Attorneys specializing in NYC-based Bars and Restaurants
Our firm is regularly engaged in the sophisticated development of liquor law regulation and development across the state. We’ve successfully licensed numerous bars and restaurants across NYC. Our firm works closely with its hospitality clients to ensure that all of their licensing is in order prior to opening for business. Additionally, we remain steadfast in helping clients maintain their licenses, keeping them up to date, in good standing, and pursue amendments as necessary. We can assist you in obtaining a liquor license, health department permit, sidewalk café permit, cabaret license and any other license issued by the New York State Liquor Authority, Department of Health, Department of Consumer Affairs, Department of State, Federal Tax and Trade Bureau, or State Tax Department.
Our New York-based alcohol beverage law attorneys’ established strengths include:
- Alcohol, food and health-related licensing and compliance services on behalf of members of the alcohol beverage industry, including numerous NYC-based bars and restaurants as well as prominent national restaurant retailers, hotels, wholesalers, entertainment complexes and other major players in the hospitality industry
- Defense of alcohol beverage clients — restaurant retailers, hotels, entertainment complexes and other businesses — when they must confront alleged failures in regulatory compliance, alleged dram shop violations and a range of other actions
- Dedicated, results-focused representation of our clients in franchise/dealer/distributor disputes, including those associated with contract terminations
- Consulting with industry members with regard to proposed legislation and regulatory changes, as well as representation of industry members on an appellate level in order to protect their long-term interests. Additionally, we are experienced in obtaining advisory opinions from the NY State Liquor Authority with regard to proprietary and novel concepts that fall within the bounds of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Laws.
- Representation of alcohol distributors that are pursuing mergers and acquisitions to thrive and grow in a persistently challenging economy
Alliance of Alcohol Industry Attorneys and Consultants (AAIAC) Members
The AAIAC is an organization of lawyers and other professionals in the alcoholic beverage licensing community. The only way to obtain membership in this organization is to demonstrate that your law firm has expertise and proven skills in liquor licensing and compliance regulations. Learn more here.
Turn To Lawyers With In-Depth Knowledge of the Issues in the Alcohol Beverage Industry
Our services for corporations and closely held businesses with needs hospitality industry are highly informed and comprehensive. The lawyers at Pierce & Kwok LLP will provide the tools you need at every stage of your business. To speak directly with a New York lawyer who will immediately grasp your business’ challenges and prioritize your continued success, please call or email us at Pierce & Kwok LLP.